There has been progress in the various applications Accoya can be used in as well as in the testing & certifications they have acquired. Already the material of choice for a wide range of demanding outdoor applications, Accoya wood can be used for virtually anything from windows to doors to decking to bridges to boats.
Awards & Certifications:
We can’t help but we awed by the many awards and classifications Accoya keeps getting year after year. It’s an impressive list that truly speaks to their products qualities and performance.
- It is now recognized under the International Living Future Institute (ILFI) Declare label. Declare, an ingredients label for building products, is a transparency tool to help architects and other specifiers make informed choices regarding sustainable and healthy material use in green buildings.
- Accoya ranked amongst one of the top products on Google’s Healthy Materials Portal Portico
- Awarded Best Cladding Product at the 2017 Build It Awards. Recognized for its exceptional benefits as an exterior cladding product, Accoya was awarded for its advanced levels of durability and stability in comparison to other timber products.
- Gold & Plum Standard in the Cradle to Cradle Material Health Classification for the seventh year running
- Was the material of choice for three of this year’s Architizer A+ award-winning architectural projects. The Architizer A+ Awards champion the very best architectural projects from around the globe, and celebrate industry visionaries from across the fields of design and architecture. The awards are the largest of their kind and are judged by over 400 luminaries and thought leaders, including prominent members of the architecture community, as well as experts from the technology, art, fashion, and design industries.
- Works with a number of educators – New Zealand Institute of Architects, Australian Institutes of Achritects, AEC Daily, and offers RIBA approved CPD’s
There are new things happening at Accoya Wood everyday and with years of testing, research and continual development we’re looking forward to what’s in store. We are lucky to be the distributor of Accoya here in Bermuda and can’t wait to see what we can do for clients here on the island.